Sunday 29 September 2013

फिर खड़ी है द्रौपदी आज कायरों की भीड़ में.

Recently a video  starring kalki koechlin made a lot of rounds in the media....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YILiCauhO8

Here's an interesting conversation I had about this video..

A guy : didn't this video deal with some shades of grey...
Me: can you be more precise....
The guy: I mean..didn't it try to solidify the idea that a woman's character shouldn't
be judged by her clothings...
Me: yes it did and that's totally fair...we have got no right to judge..
The same guy: ya...I know .. but aren't clothings sometimes too provocative...

-


-

ya you guessed it right....what followed the last line was silence from my side.
That's because no conclusion can be reached when somebody talks so nonsense.
You may accuse me of not fighting for the cause, you may say that it's because of the
silence of people like me that the drudgery of woman perpetuates.... but the truth
is that when I encounter such questions I become numb...as if some venom of total
ignorance and nonchalance has been injected into me...

Anyway, this discussion can go on forever.....I intended to acquaint you with some
poetry I wrote about this..

तुम कहोगे की शायद नारी अब कहीं शशक्त है.
मानव का रावण मदिरा में खोया, धृतराष्ट्र कहीं शुशुप्त है .
किन्तु आँखें तुमने भींची हैं या दृष्टि दोष कुछ पाला है .
यह मृग मरीचिका तुमने तो मन की कूची से रंग डाला है.
नारी का  चरित्र तो इससे  नापा जाता है , कितनी ढकी है वह चीर में.
फिर खड़ी है द्रौपदी आज कायरों की भीड़ में.

घर में पैदा होती हूँ तो अकुशा कह मुझे पुकारते हो.
कहीं चौक चौराहे पर मिल जाऊं तो गिद्ध दृष्टि से तारते हो .
नारी बेचीं जाती है दिव्य दहेज़ के बाज़ार में .
और फिर फूँकी जाती है, उसी द्रव के अंगार में.
कौन कृष्ण अब आएगा पापियों की इस नीड़ में .
फिर खड़ी है द्रौपदी आज कायरों की भीड़ में.

यह ढोंग कैसा है बेहयाई कैसी है.
किसने तुम्हे हक दिया मेरा आंकलन करने का .
यह मेरा रोष नहीं है , मैं लज्जित हूँ.
क्यूंकि अंकुरण हुआ है तुम सभी मर्दों का मेरे ही शरीर में.
फिर खड़ी है द्रौपदी कायरों की भीड़ में.

P.S. I know that all of you are not that good in hindi vocab..
So here's some help in this regard..

चीर: clothing
अकुशा: not wanted
नीड़ : nest
रोष: anger
अंकुरण: germination
 तारते : I think you all know what it means..
and yes... all opinions are welcome...




No comments:

Post a Comment